Wednesday 29 June 2011

Candle by Arathi Menon



 Candle
I sat in a dark corner
Alone and frightened
I was scared of darkness
And I craved for light

My fingers brushed over a small candle
So thin, so small
That i thought, could only last a minute

I was puzzled
Whether to light the candle or not
For I knew, it would only last a minute
But my need for light
Was much intense
For I needed to apologize for my mistakes,
For I had debts to pay,
For I left many things undone

 I needed to find solutions to overcome my problems
And I knew, they would only be solved
If I could come out of the prison of darkness

I placed the candle on a small plate
silently prayed to have the courage
And the candle was lit.
It bore the light of goodness,
Which guided me to the world of light

The candle lasted only for a minute
But the candle of my heart had its light
I apologized for my mistakes
I did the things I needed to do
I paid off my debts
I solved all my problems
With the guidance of the light in my heart.
I am loved by all
Because of a little candle
Which only lasted a minute
But its light guided me
Forever and forever

In all of us, there is a dark corner
In that, trapped is our soul
But one good thought, which would only last a minute
Would change your life, forever and forever.

No comments: